A Facebook Page lets you be in touch with your fans, followers, existing customers and connect with potential customers in a very personal way and most important for free. While setting up a Facebook Page is easy, it’s possible that you might create a name for your page that you need to change later on. For example our page is facebook.com/bestylishwebsite/
Want to Change your Facebook Page name?
The good news is yes you can – almost certainly.
This is actually better than a few years ago, when the reply was never, no way, not for any reason.
Now it’s somewhat easy to change your page name. But Facebook will have to approve your name change. If you want to keep the page, and the thousands of fans and followers you have gained through campaigns, ads and years of running your business. It is simple enough, follow these Facebook help instructions and simply request a name change. Now, you can edit or change your Facebook page name and URL also as you develop or attain older businesses.
Limits to Changing Your Facebook Page Name
For many years, it was not possible to change your Facebook name. Facebook has now loosened up to some extent on that rule. Today, you can alter your Facebook page name but just once, so do it kindly. The process will differ depending on whether you have more or less than 200 likes or followers. Follow the following steps:
- Log in to your Facebook account
Log in to your account and click on the drop-down menu icon on the upper-right part of the page. Click on the page for which you want to change the name. If the Facebook page is not showed, click on the See More selection to outlook all the Facebook pages connected with your account but make sure you must be an administrator of this page.
- Select “Info” on the left side
Click on “Update Info” at the top of the Admin Panel to go to the “Basic Information” for your page; make sure Page Info is clicked on the left side. Then, find name. When you spin above it, you will spot a pencil sign on the right. Click on it to edit your name.
- Change or request change
If your page has less than 200 likes, you can directly change your name. If you have more than 200 likes, you have to request to change. Either enters your new name you want to add and then click Save Changes if you can, or click on Request Change.
- Update page details and name
Before changing your name, you need to make clear what your page represents. Facebook will let you change your name only once, so make sure you select a name that can last! Enter it in the Desired Page Name section.
It is as simple as providing the details of:
- Current Page name
- Desired Page name
- Why you want to change your Page name
You need to make sure your page name complies with Page Name Policies of Facebook. The related policies are: Page names and Facebook Web Addresses must accurately reflect page content. Facebook may eliminate administrative rights or need you to change the Page name and Facebook Web Address for any page that fails to meet this requirement.
Facebook will let you change your name only once, so make sure you select a name that can last!
Give Facebook an Official Document
Here’s where it gets a little complicated. Facebook wants to verify that this is actually your business’s name.
To do this, you need to upload a document with your business’s name on it. Facebook suggests a phone or utility bill, but we have been able to get a name change permitted with almost any “official-looking” authorized document. Documentation that clearly shows the name and address of your business. To make it easy, just take a photo of the document with your phone, and upload the photo.
Page names must:
- Not consist only of generic terms (e.g., “glass” or “chocolate”);
- Use appropriate, grammatically correct capitalization and may not contain all capitals, except for acronyms;
- Not include character symbols, such as too much punctuation and trademark designations and
- Not include extra descriptions or pointless qualifiers.
In our experience, Facebook takes some time to approve a name change when you have a satisfactory document. Within a few days, your page name will most likely update.
The site does say your name could take up to 14 days to update, so just check back to see if the change was successful.
More about Page Roles
- If the above steps are still not working for you, but you promote a good amount on Facebook, talk to your advertising team about your need to change your page name, they should be able to make that happen. The advertising team will be able realize that your brand name is not going to run paid ads driving to their Facebook page if their Facebook page name is not their correct company.
- Facebook is not very responsive at the best of times, with no sign given back to you and if you are using Facebook Ads, then the second thing I suggest trying to get your name changed is via the Facebook Ads Team. The Ads Team seem to be more responsive than general help and if you tell them that you are not prepared to spend any more money on Facebook Ads until your Facebook Page name is changed as you don’t want to promote under a name that no longer reflects your business, then you might have a greater level of success.
Under how to change your Facebook Page Name, there are quite a few options within the questionnaire you need to complete, but most options allow you to put in an “other” option. By all means, this is not a guaranteed method of getting your Facebook Page name changed, but worthy of investigating if you aren’t having any luck via any other channels.
Trust this information helps some of you out there.