PUAs (short for pick-up artists) are guys who love women.. a little too much. They’re “experts” at attracting women (some of them at least). But one thing they don’t know much about is… style.
I’ve seen quite a few “style blogs” written by PUAs and all I can say is they don’t know what they’re talking about.
Their knowledge about style is very limited, and their audience is not able to digest the info, put it into action and get results (project confidence, sexual vibe, getting better jobs etc.).
So I’ve made a small list which you should take with a grain of salt. It’s not meant to attack PUAs in any way, just to make you (and them) realize that if you’re going to give good style advice, you should spend at least a couple of years studying this field.
So here’s why PUAs give bad fashion advice:
– because they never wore a suit more than 3 times their entire life
– because they’ll give you that clueless look when you ask them What are brogues?
– because their favorite accessories are goggles
– because whenever they’re not picking up women, they dress below average
– because the only patterns they know are the “boyfriend destroyer” and “sex is natural”. Pinstripes, checks and herringbone are not patterns, just funny drawings on clothes
Again, this was meant to be entertaining and it’s not suppose to attack anyone. And if you ARE a PUA and you DID feel “attacked”, by all means, bring your outfits to the table. 🙂
Always be careful who you take advice from. Check his credentials and make sure he (or she) knows what he’s talking about.